When I was younger, all I ever wanted to do was sing. I played the cello, the piano, the flute and the vibraphone (kind of like a xylophone). I tried the clarinet, but just couldn't get into it. Well, suck me sideways, who knew I was
There I sat, listening to a country band that I had honestly never heard one song from. That will probably tell you how long it's been since I've flipped through radio stations. They were singing most of their music but threw in some other tunes from other artists.
That's when I realized what it is I want to do with my life. Can you believe it? It has finally hit me!
I'm going to start a cover band. Yep. And I get to pick whatever position I want to play. So I pick being the lead singer. You all can fill in where you want. That's right, I'm going to hold auditions for all of you to join.
Being in my cover band is going to be so fun and super easy! There will be a list of qualifications, but don't worry about not meeting all, or any, of them. I'm totally willing to work on your skills with you.
Qualifications to audition for my totally awesome, booty dropping, hips-a-popping, no lip syncing, hot ass cover band are as follows:
- Let me begin by saying there is no age or gender requirement.
- You must have at least a minimal amount of knowledge about topics ranging from the current Alphabet to Zaboomafoo, with a little understanding of everything in between. Like Imagination Movers, Go Diego Go and Toot & Puddle.
- A background in Roary the Racing Car, along with Thomas the Train is heavily encouraged, but not required.
- Since we will be concentrating on a variety of songs, it would be wise to brush up on all colors, shapes, numbers and animal sounds.
- If you know how to jump, stomp, march, skip, hop, "high-five", roll (preferably in the dirt or sand) then we will probably move you towards the top of the auditions.
- Any additional skills such as playing a tambourine, clapping, shaking rice in a water bottle (or even better, pennies in a water bottle), maintaining a sitting position during circle time, and the ability to wipe your own butt would be greatly appreciated.
Time and place where auditions will be held is TBD. More then likely it will take place after nap time, probably during snack time, on the playground at daycare.
We should probably start thinking of names. Maybe something along the lines of So Not Mom-a-licious and the Tiny Tots. Hmm...The Dirty Diapers and a Not Hot Mama. What about Puzzle Pieces in my Martini (which has the possibility of being my next blog name)? Or maybe The Fingerpaints? We can sleep on it...
Now tell me you don't want to be a Rockstar too!