August 11, 2009

I knew I was born to be a Rockstar

Last week, I was watching the Sugarland special on ABC. It kind of hit me that I really don't know what is on the radio much anymore. I've said before that I really do have a love of all types of music.


When I was younger, all I ever wanted to do was sing. I played the cello, the piano, the flute and the vibraphone (kind of like a xylophone). I tried the clarinet, but just couldn't get into it. Well, suck me sideways, who knew I was hot, sexy, smart, witty musically inclined?


There I sat, listening to a country band that I had honestly never heard one song from. That will probably tell you how long it's been since I've flipped through radio stations. They were singing most of their music but threw in some other tunes from other artists.


That's when I realized what it is I want to do with my life. Can you believe it? It has finally hit me!


I'm going to start a cover band. Yep. And I get to pick whatever position I want to play. So I pick being the lead singer. You all can fill in where you want. That's right, I'm going to hold auditions for all of you to join.


Being in my cover band is going to be so fun and super easy! There will be a list of qualifications, but don't worry about not meeting all, or any, of them. I'm totally willing to work on your skills with you.


Qualifications to audition for my totally awesome, booty dropping, hips-a-popping, no lip syncing, hot ass cover band are as follows:

- Let me begin by saying there is no age or gender requirement.

- You must have at least a minimal amount of knowledge about topics ranging from the current Alphabet to Zaboomafoo, with a little understanding of everything in between. Like Imagination Movers, Go Diego Go and Toot & Puddle.

- A background in Roary the Racing Car, along with Thomas the Train is heavily encouraged, but not required.

- Since we will be concentrating on a variety of songs, it would be wise to brush up on all colors, shapes, numbers and animal sounds.

- If you know how to jump, stomp, march, skip, hop, "high-five", roll (preferably in the dirt or sand) then we will probably move you towards the top of the auditions.

- Any additional skills such as playing a tambourine, clapping, shaking rice in a water bottle (or even better, pennies in a water bottle), maintaining a sitting position during circle time, and the ability to wipe your own butt would be greatly appreciated.


Time and place where auditions will be held is TBD. More then likely it will take place after nap time, probably during snack time, on the playground at daycare.



We should probably start thinking of names. Maybe something along the lines of So Not Mom-a-licious and the Tiny Tots. Hmm...The Dirty Diapers and a Not Hot Mama. What about Puzzle Pieces in my Martini (which has the possibility of being my next blog name)? Or maybe The Fingerpaints? We can sleep on it...


Now tell me you don't want to be a Rockstar too!

29 comments:

  1. Do you need back up dancers that can hummm along? :D I'm so in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almsot know the entire Wiggles set...with choreography!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Puzzle Pieces in my Martini? Awesome!

    I would make a smashing tambourine player. I fit all of the criteria above. And as an added bonus, I can quote several SpongeBob episodes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poo. I am not knowledgeable in all things Imagination Movers, Go Diego Go and Toot & Puddle. I think this means I can't be in the band...


    Now, if you need someone well-versed on everything Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverley Place and iCarly... I'm your gal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so OVER QUALIFIED! When do we meet?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok i so want to be your drummer !! LOl what a cute post & Blog! And yes like suzi i am way over quialified with all the dam Thomas trains laying about the house !
    XOXO Connie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I know every theme song on Sprout!

    I'm just a kid who's four
    Each day I grow some more
    I like exploring
    I'm Caillou.

    Maybe you'll have this horrible song stuck in your head all day long now too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh! I know all those songs and dances also. Now, when someone does NOT know them, I wonder... who the heck doesn't know this stuff? Oh, oh yeah...they don't have children. I remember those days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I play a mean toy piano. I'm also pretty amazing on the xylophone with the plastic stick attached by a string. Naptimes are short so may not work for me, but the hours between 1 AM and 3 AM I'm rarely booked. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, I'm digging the Puzzle Pieces in my Martini!!

    And I think it's better I be your stage manager. Cause I'd so ruin the game if I sang or danced and I only know how to use a Flutophone. (remember those?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in if you will have me? I've got mad high five skilz - oh yes, and I can still do a cartwheel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG, Puzzle Pieces in my Martini is a rockin' blog name!!!

    Now I can rattle pennies in a bottle with the best of them, but as far as the song selection, I'm kickin' it old school, Barney, Sesame Street, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have only a verse for you:
    They're two their four their six their eight,
    shunting trucks and hauling freight,
    red and green and brown and blue,
    their the really useful crew,
    all with different roles to play,
    round Tidmouth shed and far away,
    down the hills and round the bends,
    Thomas and his friends.

    And that is straight from memory baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I caught Ella the other day, hiding in the corner dancing to "Yo, Gabba, Gabba" I nearly peed myself!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm starting to memorize the Sprout line-up, does that count? Oh and I played a mean recorder back in the day (even graduated to clarinet) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I call dibs on the tambourine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Girl, when the kiddos are in bed, you have a sitter and a full cocktail, THEN start a band and gimme a call. I have back-up dancer/percussionist/vocalist experience! For realz.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I party like a rock star. Does that count for anything? lol

    Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning. I look forward to reading more of your posts. From what I've seen so far, you remind me of my good friend Lora. You should check out her blog--I think you'd enjoy her writing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG, you are hilarious. I just read several post and I loved them. Thanks for making me smile today! I love the cover band idea, GO FOR IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hold the phone. You lost me at number 2, but I think I qualify for the rest, so count me in. I am, however, not good at staying seated in circle time, so am I disqualified?

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so in too! This is going to be quite a large band.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Puzzle Pieces in my Martini! Brilliant! And I totally want to play the vibes in your band. I was a mallet percussionist in college and maybe I'll remember something, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL! I just played my first music piece as a background for my video which is on my blog right now. And I can't play! I just hit the keyboard! LOL!
    Merry SITSmas from Cairo!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I can totally skake rice in a water bottle while rolling around in the sand. I'm in!
    Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can play the spoons, or a kazoo made out of waxed paper and toilet paper tube!!

    Merry SITSmas : )

    ReplyDelete
  26. I don't have kids, so you lost me on all that Diego/Imagination Movers/Zaboomawhatsit stuff.

    But still a fun post anyway. :-)

    Visiting from SITS! Hope you had a lovely holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, I've ALWAYS wanted to be a rock star! Right from when I was little. Count me in. We can work on my lack of talent, right? lol

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'd love to be a rockstar but I'm musically challenged to say the least!

    Stopping by from SITS!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I needed some wonderful posts for a Mommy Blog Carnival I am hosting and I included one of yours. Here is the link: http://www.jdaniel4smom.com/2010/01/modern-mothers-blog-carnival.html.

    ReplyDelete